Buy Handmade in the UK

Buy Handmade in the UK
My Misi Store

Monday 7 January 2008

Another LOAD of Layouts.

These are my latest layouts for days 3-5 on the LayOut A Day challenge over at Big Picture Scrapbooking. All 3 use supplies from the HOTP Personal Shopper September Kit. They were all really quick and easy to do - although I am struggling a bit with the concept of 'simple'. I'm going to stick with it as a personal challenge but I have to say i like taking days to do a layout. I get that for some people, fitting in time to scrap can be really hard & for them, maybe quick & easy 'speed scrapping' is a great idea. I guess if you are only scrapping for yourself then so long as you like the resulting page it doesn't matter how simple or complex the design is.
But for me, it isn't what I want. I want to scrap fabulous, complex, chuck it all at the page & then add a bit more layouts. I don't want to think about stamping a title rather than die cutting one because

it will be quicker - I don't want to stop inking or sanding my papers or elements because it takes time (an hour on the last LO I did).
For me, the challenge is to go with the flow. It's an organic process that just keeps on going until it is done. Some pages might come together in an hour, others could take days - but always it's done when it's done & not before. These are the pages I'm using for classes, the ones I'll be teaching online & the ones I'll be submitting for magazines.
So I'm still planning on doing the LOAD challenge & I will try to create a LO every day for it (I have done day 6 but I can't go public for a few days) - I just don't think these will be my best!

No comments:

Still Loving Cosmo Cricket!