Buy Handmade in the UK

Buy Handmade in the UK
My Misi Store

Saturday 8 March 2008

This Girl Gets Around A Bit!!

If you subscribe to Becky Fleck's PageMaps newsletter, you'll already have seen this card. My first for Becky, making me an official 'friend of PageMaps'. How cool is that???
Some of the details are lost in the smaller pic - but if you click on it to enlarge, you can see the ribbon detail & BG white rub ons - gotta say I love this card!!
Pop on over & visit her site to sign up for the newsletter, download current & past maps or just to drool over all the yummy stuff that this month's friends have provided. You'll find the card maps here.

Next up is March #1 card sketch for Di Hickman's weekly challenge. There's a new sketch every Wednesday, so if you aren't already taking part - why not make this the week that you join in. Di has recently added a few new features to her blog: Friday Freebies; Theme Thursdays and Tutorial Tuesdays as well as the sketches, loooooads of inspiration, reviews and more. There's a newsletter you can sign up for too!

Finally, last Saturday's Journaling Junkie challenge, set by 'Celeb' scrapper Janna Wilson to stash your journaling. This is my fave pic of DS1 (which he hates! LOL) taken when he was 17 - can you believe that was 5 YEARS AGO????
Loved doing this page & it's a mish mash of new & old: Lace cardstock that Auntie Jane brought back from the US on her last visit (I'm gonna have this in the webshop soon!), an odd sheet of BG that's about a million years old (probably 3 or 4! LOL), Fancy Pants Fashion Sense felt (currently 25% off!), Maya Road clear ribbon (luuuuurve the birds trend - I shall keep it going well after it's no longer de rigeur!) & a 'goth' stamp set I recently acquired. I outlined the solid gaps between the letters on the lace cardstock, it's subtle but makes it 'pop' I think! If you want to know about the hidden journaling, it's all here.

That's me done for today. I'm working on a few bits for online classes at MCC so I should have some more to share next week.

3 comments:

pamala said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOO love it all!!! That fab fab card on Becky's CardMap newsletter is toooo fab! I recognize that stamp, and you used it soooooooooo beautifully!!!
Beautiful work, just beautiful!!!
You have been busy, that's for sure........... :)

Ruth said...

That card is gorgeous!! I love the other one too!! Did I mention my birthday is coming up? I would love someone to send me a lovely card like that!! Hint Hint!! LOL!!

Anonymous said...

Bonjour Again Beverly !!
OH MYYYYY i oh sooo love those 2 cards, sooo beautiful and that LO ?? it rrrrrocks !! love it :)

Still Loving Cosmo Cricket!