Buy Handmade in the UK

Buy Handmade in the UK
My Misi Store

Tuesday 9 December 2008

Creatively Yours: Sketch #43

Finally, a project I can share with you! LOL. I have been busy with DT creations lately, so I've not been able to share anything & I know it's been a few days since I last blogged too ... so much for blogging every day in December - I didn't even last a week! LOL. I have some plans for January tho' so expect to see a lot more blogging from me then.
In the meantime, I'll struggle along ... trying to fit a bit of crafting into the manic Christmas prep - just wait 'til you read what I haven't done yet!!!
Right, back to the layout: My very good friend Nina got married on November 28 & this is the first layout I have done from the photos I took at the evening reception - I left the journal panel blank for Nina to finish off when I give it to her. I used Noella's sketch #43, from the Creatively Yours Challenge Blog - & although I'm on the DT, I haven't done my first 'official' assignment yet ... so this week I'm playing along for fun! Pop over to see the sketch & maybe join in ... we'd love you to play along too!
What I love about Noella's sketches most is the level of detail ... I have tried that whole minimalist style that seems to be trendy right now ... but I have to say I'm definitely a shabby-vintage-throw-it-all-at-the-page-and-see-what-sticks sorta scrapper: I like to distress, ink, layer & I like my pages embellishment-heavy. So I followed the sketch almost without deviation - & this is the result.
I'm playing with Prima right now (did I mention I love shabby/vintage?) & have mixed a few different paper ranges together here (Whisper, Angelique, Rue 88). I didn't have a suitable corner swirly embellie, so I cut a long scroll & combined it with a fleur de lis type thingy to custom-make one - & I matted the crystal bird to make it pop! All the supplies here are Prima Marketing, save from the brads, pearls & the plain cardstock (click on the pic to get a better look at the detail!).
I hope to be back again tomorrow with another project ... but don't hold me to it! LOL

4 comments:

Jenifer Cowles said...

Wonderful take on the sketch, I love what you have done with it. Absolutely beautiful, it puts mine to shame:)

Evelien said...

beautiful layout, love it...
I'm also a designer for Creatively Yours.
Cheers

StampinCathy said...

This page is just stunning.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful LO Beverley, I enjoyed seeing what you created with the sketch! Lovely job!

Still Loving Cosmo Cricket!