Buy Handmade in the UK

Buy Handmade in the UK
My Misi Store

Monday 14 April 2008

Watch The Birdie!

As promised, here's a couple of pics from my recent obsession with Upsy Daisy Designs. Totally love this range - check out the names of the papers - so cool! LOL. Aaaaaanyway - I made the doodlebug house cuz I've been wanting to do one for such a long time! The papers were perfect for this kinda 'spring's-gotta-get-here-soon' theme. The chicks came from a pack of 12 different coloured ones that I picked up for Easter projects (& mislaid until a couple of weeks ago!)and I made the li'l nest from some raffia - note to self: Mod Podge is not great for sticking raffia! LOL. Inked it up a bit to create some depth too. I'm really pleased with how it all turned out - and yes, I did 'wallpaper' inside before assembling the house! There are more photos in my gallery including a couple of close ups here.

Next up is this cute li'l card I made today over at my mum's. A few of us are getting together on alternate mondays - they are doing some iris folding, teabag folding & decopage & I'm just pottering on a few bits. It's great to get some time out of the house where I'm not teaching!
I really struggled with this card & then I switched to square & it all fell into place. I used some scraps left over from the 'Tweet' projects along with some rub ons (also Upsy Daisy) for the sentiment. The 'TWEET' is actually cut from the barcode strip - I hate waste! LOL. I have plans for other bits of the strips too - the li'l birds are repeated there and the other paper names (harmony, serenity et al) are definitely useable. Check out my Pass The Parcel layout - the li'l cupcakes in the letter centres are handcut from the barcode strip too! (it's not too late to join in that challenge either!)
I have others to share but need to get better light - will take photos in the morning!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to say that house is SWISH DELISH!!!
Love it!

pamala said...

Totally Tweet job!!! ;) Love everything, good luck with the app!!!

Still Loving Cosmo Cricket!