Buy Handmade in the UK

Buy Handmade in the UK
My Misi Store

Wednesday 15 October 2008

Deanne's Mid-Month Sketch

Loved Deanne's latest sketch! You might have noticed that I haven't been crafting much for some time & when I have, maybe it's just a quick & simple something. I get absolutely no satisfaction from that! LOL.
Since I stopped taking part in so many challenges & have just stuck to my DT projects, I have been having more fun with it. Sure, it might well take 3 hours to make a card (yes, really) & I spent waaaaay more than that on this page ... but I'm finding that I really like what I'm doing that way. So now I'm gonna focus on quality, not quantity.
This layout (like most of them) doesn't look particularly complex ... it's the li'l details that take the time. Each piece of paper has been carefully sanded (including the handcut lettering) & the machine sewn elements are a bit of a challenge on a mini sewing machine (that would be why I don't often sew on layouts, only cards! LOL) & I am currently crafting with a broken thumb - but then I like a challenge! LOL
The papers are Bo Bunny Teen Chic, die cut elements are Making Memories 5th Avenue (who knew those 2 ranges would work so well together?), MR chipboard & odd buttons, blooms & fabric from my stash.
Be sure to get over to Deanne's blog, check out the DT layouts & grab the sketch!

No comments:

Still Loving Cosmo Cricket!