Buy Handmade in the UK

Buy Handmade in the UK
My Misi Store

Friday 17 October 2008

A Very Vintage Christmas

I've been having a bit of a play this last couple days - revisiting old techniques & experimenting a bit. This card is the result of one such experiment. The poinsettia started as a bright red fabric flower & I painted it with Ranger crackle paint - took forever to dry! LOL. The paint holds relatively well but will fall off in bits - so after I had inked it up, I just painted a coat of PVA over the surface to seal it ... v. happy with the result.
I also dug out my old distressing comb - haven't used it for at least a year. Just wanted to shabby up the edges of these papers a li'l bit more - everything is machine sewn & I kinda think that the papers look a bit like fabric with their frayed edges.
I found this challenge site over on the APAAT forum 2 sketches for you - there's some great cards over there & this is my take on Kazan's Sketch #11. They also have a DT call right now ... so I might just apply for it ... what d'ya think???

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow this is stunning - I encourage everyone to click on the card to see it up close - the detail is gorgeous :)
Thanks for joining us Beverley - can't wait to see what you do next week
:) Kazan

Eveline said...

I love the vintage look of your card.
Eveline.

Ingrid said...

Gorgeous vintage card, Beverley. You did a great job on the sketch.

Still Loving Cosmo Cricket!