Buy Handmade in the UK

Buy Handmade in the UK
My Misi Store

Sunday 11 November 2007

Playing Catch Up!

I did sooo well having the first challenge for Texas Hold 'Em done on the day - but I've not completed any of the others (& I need those cards! LOL). So today is catch up day!

First up: my fave tip. Ooooh! this is sooo hard! You kinda assume that everybody knows the same stuff you do, so what to put?
My Tip is TEA BAGS!! A definite must for every crafter! LOL. Not only can you drink tea, but a solution of cold tea is great for ageing ribbon & lace. You can also rub them directly on to papers for some fab ageing effects - just make sure they aren't too wet if you don't want the paper to wrinkle.

Next: My top blog links. Limiting this to 3 is kinda tough too - but these are the places I visit most (other than Sisterhood of Scrap - y'all have that bookmarked, right?)

Di Hickman - I love her blog & there's plenty of challenges & inspiration there. She's an expat - so I like to see how she's doing across the pond. Weekly card sketches & a monthly scrap sketch - & free digi downloads if that's your thing!

Pam Sandy - a fellow tutor at My Creative Classroom. She has some amazing stuff on her blog & has links etc for free places on her acrylic ornament album online class & a free wall hanging class. There's a great ribbon RAK too, if you get over there quick! I love Sandy - she's a fun & supportive buddy - soooo lucky to know her!
You'll want to sign up for the MCC newsletter too - there'll be a whole bunch of new free classes during our official launch week in January 2008 (not long to go now!)

Not sure whether this is cheating - but I reckon you'll want to check out Blog 'Til You Drop too! This is my store blog, where my DT hang out & issue a fabulous challenge every Saturday. We have a monthly prize too & our challenges are open to all crafters. The DT post new projects every day, so there's always some new & fabulous inspiration there!

OK, so that's two of the challenges sorted - 3 done, 2 more to go!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gone to check your blog :-)

Still Loving Cosmo Cricket!