Buy Handmade in the UK

Buy Handmade in the UK
My Misi Store

Tuesday 11 December 2007

More Challenges = More Christmas Cards!

Another couple of quick cards to share & yet more stash used up! The first is my take on Di's Dec #1 sketch - you have until Wednesday if you want to play along. I used some scraps from the November Personal Shopper kit for this one (I have a LO to share tomorrow!) I added a li'l bit of fluid chalk ink to the poinsettia - it seemed a bit stark against the vibrant papers. The greeting is a HOTP embossed sentiment (from a non-Christmas pack!)
I think the sketch for this second card is quite similar to the first but the card turned out quite different. This one is from
Sketch This! Cards #34. Again, it's all scraps. The papers & sticker are from DCWV (last year's), the ribbon was a magazine freebie & the li'l ribbon rose came from the centre of a chiffon bow buried in my stash! The best bit of sorting out my new scrap space is that I've come across sooooooo many things I'd completely forgotten about.
Both cards also qualify for Arty Girlz Christmas themed challenge. I'd planned on submitting a LO for that but the photo was too dark - I'll try again when the light is better in the morning!

In my next post, I'm gonna share some pics of my scrap space. They were quite difficult to take as it's such a small area - but I think they give a sense of how much I have crammed in there! LOL.
Don't forget to enter your name for my RAK. Draw takes place Wednesday. Follow this link for all the deets!

5 comments:

Julie Allain said...

Lovely cards Beverly - FAB!!!

I'll still be checking back to see your layout too ;) It's a pain when the lightings to bad to take a photo isn't it.

Thanks for joining in with Arty Girlz once again :) xx

Paula J Atkinson said...

Gorgeous cards. Love the colours & designs.

Sandy said...

Wow this is a fabulous card. Looks great.

Andrea, said...

Fab cards

Spot-On said...

Great cards Beverly! Love the papers and colors! TFS!

Still Loving Cosmo Cricket!