Buy Handmade in the UK

Buy Handmade in the UK
My Misi Store

Sunday 3 June 2007

More Cards To A Muse You

I had such a hard day today - at my mum's and having to make stuff. It's a tough job but someone has to do it LOLOLOL. First up was a card for the birthday swap over on my forum & then the A Muse Design Challenge Number 5. It closes at midnight tonight (about 8 am Monday GMT) and as always I have left it until the last minute. This time, the challenge was to design cards with a scene and I found that much harder. On the plus side, while I was struggling with that, just having all the stamps, cards & inks out on the table gave me soooo much inspiration that I made a bunch of other cards too.

They are all posted over in the gallery, which is getting quite big now! And I'm changing the thumbnails to the side of the blog as I think there's a few too many to put them all on. And this post contains a few of my faves from challenge 5. All the stamps I've used are by A Muse.

The skating rink on this card is a stamped oval in baby blue versacolour and the snowflakes use the smallest circle on the 'lots of dots' background stamp

This little fish (below) is one of my favourite A Muse stamps & I do use it quite a lot. The horizon card is an A Muse card blank with just the tops of the grassy shoots stamp to make some seaweed. The sun is a combination of the largest circle on the 'lots of dots' background stamp and the small oval. To get the colour variation, I've used two shades of yellow Tombow brush markers on the centre coloured diectly on to the stamp. The rays were stamped first in yellow ink and then overstamped with the darker of the two Tombow markers. Really simple but effective.

The fishbowl card is also easy to make. A 3" circle was punched from silver pearlised cardstock and a fishbowl shape cut around the aperture. The fishbowl was then stuck to plain white vellum and trimmed to shape. The stamping was all done on the back to give a softer finish and also coloured in (with Tombow markers again) on the reverse. The bubbles were stamped from the smallest circle on the 'lots of circles' background block. When the inks dried, the fishbowl was mounted on a mint card blank with foam pads & the word stamp added.

No comments:

Still Loving Cosmo Cricket!