Buy Handmade in the UK

Buy Handmade in the UK
My Misi Store

Sunday 12 August 2007

Are You Up For A Challenge??

I kinda thought it was time that I was - I do craft a bit but mostly for the shop, with all it's limitations (making sure I have enough materials for a full class, being cost effective (ugh!!), keeping to what can be achieved during class time etc...) so it was nice to create something just for fun - & doing a challenge gives you a starting point, whether it's a word, sketch, theme or particular materials to use.
So yesterday I went blog-hopping & found all these cool challenge sites. And today, I had a go at a couple of the challenges - here's what I came up with for the first one: This was the Daring Cardmakers Little Extra challenge - to create a card for any occasion using 3 circles, 3 arrows and a square. I used HOTP papers from the July Cardmakers Personal Shopper Kit, arrow brads came from the HOTP July Scrapbookers Personal Shopper Kit & the alpha stencil is from Helix. I layered my 3 circles to make a single embellishment & the centre panel is square. I coloured the stencilled letters with a brush pen, having outlined them with a black fineliner (Sakura Pigma Micron is my personal fave!)
I'm gonna post the others as separate posts (so this will be a mega blogging day then!!)

1 comment:

Looby said...

this is gorgeous - love the colours!

Still Loving Cosmo Cricket!