Buy Handmade in the UK

Buy Handmade in the UK
My Misi Store

Saturday 28 July 2007

That Dress!

This is the layout I designed for my Wednesday Night Scrapbooking Class. I used Making Memories Double Dipped C/S (perfect pink) for the base & yummy English Paper Company papers. The papers were inspired by a fabric collection & I wanted to give this layout a fabricy (is that even a word?) theme, so I used decorative scissors in a couple of different width scallops & lots of faux stitching (I use a Sakura Pigma Micron 0.5mm black fineliner) & just a touch of ribbon. The picture is ghosted with vellum & the title is adhered directly to the photograph with faux stitching applied to the vellum layer. I'm getting much braver at using my own handwriting for both journaling and sometimes titles. When I journal on paper strips, I write the whole thing, with sensible sized gaps between the words. I then cut them to size as I stick them into place. A crop-a-dile is the perfect tool for adding the eyelet detail that attaches the vellum to the photo mat, especially here where the vellum is cut close, leaving little room for errors. Simply hold the vellum in place over the other layers, punch the holes & then set the first eyelet, making sure all the layers are still straight. Once the first eyelet is secure, the rest of the layers will stay in place while you finish off.

Just one last piccie: here's fish when he got home from the pirate party!! How cute is he???

3 comments:

Looby said...

aww - how cute is fishy?!

Anonymous said...

Ohh he looks so cute and grown up. Hope all are well AJ x

Anonymous said...

will you buy my nephew some up to date clothes, he looks like a pirate! love mick

Still Loving Cosmo Cricket!