Buy Handmade in the UK

Buy Handmade in the UK
My Misi Store

Tuesday, 4 November 2008

CCAYR November Challenge

The November challenge at Christmas Cards All Year Round is a simple recipe:
Use 2 buttons, 2 ribbons & 2 snowflakes to make a card - or 5 cards if you want to enter the monthly draw. So far, I have four done, so it's looking good for getting the 5 done again this month. (Go me!!)

I had a search thru my Christmas stash - these papers & artwork are all from HOTP cardmaker's kits (1-2 years old), the ribbons were already on my desk (I have a jar full of gingham ones, which I have been using a lot recently) & I dug out a bunch of odd embellies packed away last year (mostly magazine freebies). The first card has snowflake artwork & a snowflake border & ribbon attached with double sided tape - nice 'n easy!
Next up: this patchwork card is entirely made from the small scraps that I won't throw away but really build up quickly!! I just covered the card with squares/rectangles & trimmed the overhang & then added faux stitching to create a 'patchwork'. The rub ons didn't show up too well on the blue area of the background, so I added some li'l dots with a white pen (I'm still using a white sharpie, now discontinued), just to the word 'snow' to higlight it - I love happy accidents! LOL. The lace was part of a pack sitting on my desk too - I'd used all the white but the lilac was still there & just right I thought. I added a few gems to the gingham ribbon - just cuz I can.
This card uses a few of the embellies that I normally never use: the embossed silver cardstock frame & puffy fabric snowflake but I have to say I quite like it. The blue snowflake in the middle is a brad & although it looks like just one ribbon, the faux bow is actually a darker, wider gingham ribbon. Sentiment by A Muse.
This last card also uses a bunch of stash that has been lying around for a couple years - again, the die cut, embossed silver panel & white mini-corrugated card are all things I usually wouldn't use but came as freebies & have been squirreled away ever since. I've used another snowflake brad here too, A Muse sentiment & ric rac from the same pack as the lace (Rusty Pickle, Guinevere).

So that's my 4 cards ... & I'll be back with the fifth before the end of the month!

5 comments:

Deanne Burton said...

Awesome, Beverley!!! Beautiful colors! Loving the blues/purples combo!!!

Fiona Whitehead said...

These are gorgeous - very inspiring.

Lost in Paper said...

beautiful cards Beverley! such great LO's and i love the colors!!!

Beth said...

Beautiful Beverly love all the detail put in to these and the colors great job.

Jean Marie said...

very pretty cards...great job embellishing!!

Still Loving Cosmo Cricket!