Buy Handmade in the UK

Buy Handmade in the UK
My Misi Store

Sunday 21 October 2007

Domestic God!

I've been wanting to scrap these photos of my youngest for some time now (he's 3 1/2!) but I'm always put off by the mess & clutter in the background. Somehow, with the busy stripes in the background & picking out the red of his dungarees, the chaos seems less noticeable.
I've been having a few days taking stock & really thinking about where I am & where I want to be. Whether I should scrap more or scrap better - the latter is where I want to be. So for this page, I took my time & added all the details that I've been skipping lately in an effort to produce more. It took twice as long - but I LUUUUURVE this layout - so it was worth it! LOL
The sketch is by Valerie Salmon, for last week's challenge (the new one goes up tonight), the faux stitching (on all the lettering, around the photo mat & along the red deco strip to the right) satisfy the Arty Girlz challenge & this page also qualifies for the Wednesday Stamper challenge: 'children' theme & use at least one stamp. The stamps I used are from HOTP's new Thinga-ma-jigs clear stamp set - I'm really loving the brackets around the title. It would be v. cool to have a set of alphas in a font like that! The polka dot ribbon is American Crafts & the red decorative strip is made by trimming with deco scissors, punching adjacent holes with the cropadile & the dots are added with a vellum writer - I know this isn't vellum but it's just the perfect shade of black!

6 comments:

Valerie Salmon said...

Hi Beverly, thanks for directing me to your blog. I am glad to see that you are enjoying the sketches. I hope they continue to provide you with the inspiration you need to get even more pages scrapped. Keep up the great work. :)

Hermine said...

Gorgeous layout.

Anonymous said...

Wow fabulous Layout. Great work.

Paula J Atkinson said...

Great fun layout.

Julie Allain said...

Wow Beverly this is a gorgeous layout...gorgeous photo's too ;)

Thanks for taking part in the Arty Girlz challenge - hope you take part again :)

Crissi Harvey said...

Brillent Lo fab colours and what a cutie.
Thanks for joining in with the Arty girlz challenge and sharing your work.
crissi xx

Still Loving Cosmo Cricket!