Buy Handmade in the UK

Buy Handmade in the UK
My Misi Store

Sunday 28 October 2007

The End Of An Era

I took these photos during our Friday scrapbooking class to mark the end of an era. Jackie has been coming to classes since the very first one in Dartford library before I had the store. I used the latest Valerie Salmon sketch (#32). I'm cutting it fine as usual - the new one goes up tonight!! Thank heavens for time zones! LOL. I'm loving these papers right now: Renae's House, 'Aubrey' by Creative Imaginations. All the embellies are handcut from paper & I've only actually used 3 designs - they are double sided, so plenty of patterns to choose from & I do like A LOT of patterns on my LOs.
For the title, I've used a couple of stamp sets - I particularly like the paisley clear alpha stamps from A Muse. They are quite expensive but I reckon they are sooooo worth it! For the bracket & swirl, I drew around a couple of chipboard shapes & I've doodled a thing black line around the edges of all the paper pieces and the journaling strips as well as edging them all with black ink. The flowers are also cut from one of the papers, petals curled and layered with foam tape. I'm not sure the photo shows it of too well but there's a micro dot Twinkles gem in the middle of each flower. The gems are self adhesive (& really tiny!!) so I find myself reaching for them quite often - subtle bling with minimum effort.

No comments:

Still Loving Cosmo Cricket!