Buy Handmade in the UK

Buy Handmade in the UK
My Misi Store

Friday 18 July 2008

Day #19 - 40 Days Event

Nearly half way through the '40 Day' celebrations, which means it is exactly 3 weeks 'til I turn 40!!!! So today I've picked another li'l challenge that is close to my heart - recycling. I hate waste (a BIG bone of contention in our household!!) so there is nothing I like more than to use my crafty scraps & turn the packaging into something useful too! The pic to the right shows packaging from themed ribbon, a pack of brads & a li'l pack of embellies (forgot to photograph before I started altering! LOL) & the slideshow below shows them in action ... as part of two li'l accordian albums I put together for Auryn's teachers (he had his last day at Tiggywinkles Nursery today).
So today's challenge is to alter/recycle/repurpose something & either link it here or e-mail me if you don't have a blog & I'll pick a winner after July 27th to receive a bunch more alterable goodies! I might even get a pic up for you to see! LOL
And as I'm also the Guest Designer for the Arty Girlz ongoing Recycling Challenge ... don't forget to link your project there too - that's gotta be the easiest multi-challenge project ever! LOL


4 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Oh wow Bev...you did a super job on these! They have great color palettes with just the right amount of embellies! Good for you!

Timi O. Mercado said...

Great projects Beverly! My take is now in my blog.

http://scrapaholictimi.blogspot.com

pamala said...

Oh my word, this is so dang cute!!!
btw, I completely love the name Tiggywinkles Nursery, you must smile every time you walk up to the door. :)

Bibi said...

Hi Beverley - hope I'm not too late with this! I've recycled Crabtree and Evelyn packaging and a doily. So glad we've got Crabtree and E here - it's something I got totally into when I lived in the UK for 1 1/2 years :) And this LO could be part of the pink challenge too, really, lol!
http://bibscrap.blogspot.com/2008/07/best-birthday.html

Still Loving Cosmo Cricket!