Buy Handmade in the UK

Buy Handmade in the UK
My Misi Store

Friday 4 July 2008

Day #5 - 40 Days Event

HAPPY 4TH JULY TO ALL MY AMERICAN BLOGGIN BUDDIES!!
Now, I mean no offence to my Canadian buds - the difference is I don't get 50 bazillion e-mails from you guys saying 'it's Canada Day, so I'll catch up with you after that!' LOL. Basically, by the time I knew it was Canada Day - it was close to my bedtime & too late to do anything - must try harder ... maybe next year! LOL
Anyway, I'm thinking 4th July ... stars 'n stripes! & being as I am not American, or even living in the US, here is my li'l take on that
for you! I've loosely based the design (all 3, same design) on Di Hickman's current card sketch ... & for the last one, I've made a Christmas Card. Di posted a 'Christmas in July' theme on Thursday & I have pledged to join in! LOL
I guess that's on top of Fab's Big Christmas Challenge - lots of Crimbo cards to come then!
Anyway, I guess you want to hear today's challenge?
We've been posting a lot of 'post a comment' challenges so far, so this time, I have something different for you: Show me your projects using stars, or stripes, or both! Can be papercraft, Tiaras - cupcakes even ... so it really is open to all! Hook me up in the links so I can come see & I'll make a li'l slide show for entries! You have until midnight (BST) Thursday July 10th to get your entries in. No blog??? e-mail them & I'll put them on the slide show!
Prize? How about a bunch of stars & stripes themed stash????
I'll pop off to take a photo & be back with that - & Day #1's winner this evening.
There's lots of comps still open - check out the whole event here
& Phoenix's RAK closes at 2pm GMT Saturday ... So there's still time to get a comment in there too! I know Phoenix is trying to get together a list of 40 great tips ... and, of course, you can enter more than once!! Go on ... you know you want to!
I have a couple of personal type posts to make ... update on Fish's school visit/blog awards etc ... will get to those as sooon as I can! LOL 28 hour day anyone???

6 comments:

Linda said...

I guess I'm the first one...Here's a link to the July 4th card I made. http://eterno-lyyours.blogspot.com/2008/07/4th-and-5th-of-july.html

Lois aka katesmum said...

Here's a link to my card...
http://scrapgram.blogspot.com/2008/07/challenge-from-crafty-moments-blog.html

Unknown said...

Visiting the Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor last Christmas was a moving and memorable event for me and my family. I'm going to enter the scrapbook page I created ... tht includes a fun mini-album on it ... for this fab July 4th Challenge!

You can see it here: http://colettebate.typepad.com/

jen t. said...

hi! here is a link to my 4th of july page i made....it was a time we went to the whithouse lawn for the 4th. happy 4th !jen t.
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh91/scrapaddict16/100_0286.jpg

V Colbourne said...

Hey! Here is a link to my entry :)

http://newfienes.blogspot.com/2008/07/stripes.html

Ruth said...

Better late than never and I just made it in time! Did a digi LO for this!
http://roo-star.blogspot.com/2008/07/stars-stripes.html

Still Loving Cosmo Cricket!