Buy Handmade in the UK

Buy Handmade in the UK
My Misi Store

Tuesday 8 July 2008

Wanna Swapp?

I really struggled to make anything today - seems my Mojo has left the building. I was reading Heidi Swapp's blog yesterday & realised I'd yet to use the Runway collection. She also reminded me about using 'the stack'. I guess we all have one - that stack of photos (or in my case, 2 A4 boxes) that are sitting, taunting us & waiting to be transformed! Yet still we print off a new batch every time we create a page! LOL.
Now many of you will have read about my PC crash ... & my complete failure to save anything to disk ... so in my case 'the stack' (as it will forever more be named) contains many photos for which I have no other copies!
Anyway, I'm not entirely happy with this page - I smudged ink, got my letters wonky etc but the basic principle was, I think, sound. Did I mention my Mojo is missing? But I guess Friday's class will be happy with it - & they have the option not to smudge ink & do wonky lettering! LOL. I'm thinking I'm gonna use 'the stack' for all my class layouts in future ... until I come across an event that has to be scrapped right now!!
I also used a a couple of Heidi Swapp stamps. I knew that the ink would 'pool' a bit on the 'imagine' stamp - always does with new stamps (you can lightly sand them before first use to prevent that) - but I kinda like that & I'd intended outlining in black anyway, so that was OK. The other stamp is the clock face peeking out from behind the photo mat. The flowers are from a mix of several Dahlia Box blends. My journaling is written along the top of the branch.
I half thought it would be a good idea to stop while it wasn't really working for me - but looking at the leftover papers, I had a couple of card ideas I wanted to try - & you know if you leave it 'til later, you just forget what you had in mind (or is that just me??)
These papers are soooo lovely that you don't really need to add much to make a pretty card. For the second one, I thought I'd try something other than black for the accent colour - love this kinda duck egg blue. The buttons & blossoms were from a Making Memories selection box - the rubs I've had for aaaages! Oh! & the li'l flower gems are also from the dahlia box blends.
By the third card, I think my Mojo was about to make a comeback - I have a huge box of manilla tags (luggage label size) & decided to make a clear pocket with a corner from the Runway Clear Extras. This is soooo thick that my li'l sewing machine's motor (I have one of those mini machines) couldn't cope. So I had to manually operate it (or handsew - didn't fancy that AT ALL! lol.) The tag is covered on both sides, sanded & inked at the edges. The felt flower is from that same Making Memories selection box, layered with a trinket pin (love Tim Holtz for metal stuff & unusual embellies!) & some ribbon (the perfect colours in an old Personal Shopper kit). The rub on alphas I've had forever!
So just as I'd got into 'the zone' I had to stop for family stuff. This evening I'd have preferred to craft some more - but there's much online stuff to be done! LOL
Back soon with a prize draw winner & more bloggy stuff!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog... you are so full of fun!

Bibi said...

I LOVE the pink and black! Your creations are so awesome :)

Still Loving Cosmo Cricket!